The Senior IT Business Analyst is responsible for developing a strong relationship with internal business customers, working with business customers to understand and document current processes and identify areas where processes could be improved through changes to the process and/or enhancements to the system.
• Analyzes business practices throughout the company and utilize this information to influence process improvements.
• Understands, analyzes, interprets and documents process workflows.
• Analyzes information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems.
• Designs new and improved processes utilizing knowledge or performance data, metrics, and process interdependencies.
• Analyzes business processes to define the functional and detailed requirements and works with the team to design specifications and approach.
• Studies and analyzes information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
• Develops metrics to track business process improvements within both the Information Technology Department and business organization.
• Oversees the transition to new processes and conducts continuous review and updates to ensure that changing business unit conditions are met.
• Leads discovery sessions, publishes meeting minutes and assures all action items are completed within the timeframe set.
• Consults with business process owners to obtain additional information during system development in order to evaluate an alternative approach.
• Conducts system demonstrations and coordinates the creation of user guides.
• Prepares User Acceptance Testing (UAT) documentation and leads the user acceptance testing effort with the responsible business process owner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Proven leadership ability, with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to set and manage priorities and projects with tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Keen attention to detail, and the ability to self-motivate and direct.
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to motivate others, and work in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required; advance degree preferred.
• Seven to ten years experience working in Information Technology as a Business Analyst.
• Understanding and experience with one or more process methodologies such as Six Sigma, Lean or CMMi.
• Exposure to Information Technology development methodologies such as Agile or Rational Unified Process (RUP).
• Experience with design and development of Web application.
• Understanding of relational database concepts.
Please send resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-343-9180.