The software product group is seeking a Software Test Engineer to execute testing to verify the functionality of Systems Alliances web content management product and custom applications. The Software Tester Engineer will participate in writing and execution of test cases in a timely manner while generating and writing clear and concise bug reports. The candidate should be a flexible, independent worker as well as an excellent team player and able to work optimally under schedule deadlines and with the product team's passion for quality and delivery.
* Create test plans, testing LOEs and manual test cases based off of requirements documentation.
* Develop and utilize test data sets that support the implementation of test plans and procedures.
* Partner with technical and business teams to achieve an understanding of current and future functionality.
* Communicate, track and maintain the status of defects.
* Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / project.
* Take ownership of assigned tasks and ensure delivery with the highest levels of quality.
* Ability to test multiple projects simultaneously.
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
* Ability to interact with clients, team members, various levels of management and external groups. Experience negotiating with business.
* Minimum 2 to 5 years QA experience. Preferred experience in packaged software testing experience.
* Knowledge and work experience of QA methodologies.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Internet technologies and experience Internet applications (including web UIs)
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems as well as effectively communicate software defects.
* Working knowledge of testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management and risk management.
* Understanding of various technologies, relational database principles, client/server infrastructure.
* Working knowledge of SQL.
* Proficient on Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to work independently and provide excellent follow-through on tasks is essential.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be detail-oriented, pro-active, and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Programming experience a plus to provide API testing
* Experience with CMS systems preferred.
* Selenium experience preferred.
WHY WORK AT SYSTEMS ALLIANCE?
• You’ll work with great people. Systems Alliance hires nice, smart people who balance hard work with fun. We strive to make our work environment pleasant and productive, without interoffice politics.
• You’ll grow professionally. Our employees are encouraged to further develop in their profession, stay on top of trends in the industry, and share their knowledge and experience with each other and our clients through our annual conference, webinars, blogs, and team collaboration events.
• Your voice will be heard. You have the opportunity to be an integral part of a tight knit team in a small company where opinions and ideas are listened to and valued.
• Location, location, location. Our location off of I-83 across from Hunt Valley Towne Centre is very convenient, and our office building has terrific amenities including a fitness center, cafeteria, childcare center, dry cleaner, auto detailer, health and nutrition store, and more.
• Competitive salary and benefits. We offer competitive salaries, 100% employer paid health insurance for staff, health savings accounts, 401(k) with a 25% match, paid time off and holiday pay.
Send resume in MS Word format, date of availability, salary requirements, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.