My client is seeking to fill a Project Management position for multiple Application Software Development and support projects and operations. The project work is performed at the customer site DMDC in Seaside, Ca.
Seeking a temp to perm candidate who is interested in becoming an HP employee. The candidate will have solid experience in Project Management for mid-sized application software development projects. He/She will be responsible for interfacing with the client to determine project requirements and priorities, and leading a team of approximately 6-8 business analysts and developers and application developers in the execution and control of multiple concurrent projects. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle practices and must have experience in defining requirements and producing Functional Specifications for an application. The candidate will be responsible for creating and executing detailed project plans and work break down structures.
The candidate must be self-motivated, able to work independently with little guidance, able to lead and motivate a team, coordinate activities across teams, and possess excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• US Citizenship required. Must also be capable of obtaining an IT-II clearance.
• Bachelor’s Degree required (computer science, information systems, business major preferred)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in planning and leading software development projects
• Experience using agile development methods and ability to quickly adapt to changing client needs.
• Proven ability to foster strong client relationships and keep the client informed on project status
• Proven ability to quickly understand the client’s business and be able to help set the vision and strategic direction for business applications
• Proven ability to work with the client to identify, analyze, document and communicate detailed functional requirements
• Proven ability to communicate detailed functional specifications to the technical team and drive the functional and technical development to a successful implementation that meets all business goals and requirements.
• Proven ability to solve business and technical problems and manage client and personnel issues
• Proven ability to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio
• Knowledge of agile software development using Scrum
• PMP and/or Certified ScrumMaster certifications are preferred
• Prior technical experience with Java EE, JSF, JSP, portlets development is preferred.
• Knowledge of Identity Management, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), smart cards, and/or biometric technologies is a plus, but not required.
Individuals who qualify for and are selected for this position, and do not currently live in the area, must be willing to pay their own expenses to relocate.