• Applies specialized knowledge to conceptualize, design, develop unit-test, configure, and implement portions of new or enhanced business and technical ETPM/ Java solutions through application of appropriate standard software development life cycle methodologies and processes.
• Be versatile and willing to work cross-functionally.
• Plan a sprint and self-manage around that plan.
• Understand the product requirements and provide effort estimates.
• Provide technical advice to the product owner so that he or she can understand the complexity of the requirements and make appropriate decisions.
• Respond to circumstances and adjust processes, standards, and tools to optimize performance.
• Interacts with the Client and project as required, to gain an understanding of business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
• Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned components.
• Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business or technical problems.
• Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project parameters.
• Prepares technical and development documentation and diagrams.
• Conforms to security and quality standards.
• Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution
• Designs units for others and completes development to implement complex components.
• Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
• Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews.
• May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
• Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
• Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
The ETPM / Java developer is responsible for configuring and developing solutions in the delivery of a COTS-based enterprise tax system (ORACLE ETPM) for our State of Ohio client. This is an agile project and the role will interface with SCRUM teams and the client's staff on a daily basis. The developer duties encompass the full development lifecycle, as defined by the project, in the planning, creation, testing, implementation, and support of ETPM solutions and others duties as assigned
• 5+ years development experience working in a software product organization
• 5+ years development experience working in a services organization
• 3+ years of Java, J2EE, JDBC, SQL, experience
• 2+ years of Oracle RDBMS experience
• 2+ years of ETPM development experience or Oracle CC&B experience
• Experience with business critical web-based apps and COTS products
• Experience on agile teams
• Business presence with ability to communicate effectively up and down the project organization
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Ability to correlate ideas from a variety of sources and make informed business decisions
• Team player, self-motivated, goal driven
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred