Skills Required: MUST HAVE
• 6+ years of professional Database Administration experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related area of study. Without a degree, four additional years of relevant professional experience (10+ years in total).
• Be able to provide all levels of database support and off-hours support on a rotating basis.
• Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with customers, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver on time and budget.
• Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
• Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
• Excellent professionalism, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate proactively to management any potential issues that may hinder the ability to meet project deadlines
• SQL Server 2008 DBA certification is highly desirable.
SQL Server Knowledge and Skills Required: MUST HAVE
• Recent experience in MS SQL Server versions 2008/2012.
• Expertise with SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Extensive knowledge with T-SQL.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems;
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools;
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models;
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server 2008/2012;
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts;
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics;
• SQL and relational DBMS knowledge, including data modeling and ERD.
• Work with leadership to research, define, interpret, and analyze complex, unstructured technical database problems and recommend solutions, and implement them.
Oracle Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience in managing production Oracle 10g and 11g databases (DB) including DB installation, DB upgrades, DB tuning and query optimization, maintenance, monitoring, security, capacity planning, backup and recovery and incident support.
• Familiarity with setting up and configuring ASM, Oracle RAC, Grid Control, Partitioning and DataGuard.
• Extensive PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting skills.
• DBA support in WINTEL, UNIX, HP-UX operating environments.
This Database Administrator will join an experienced and customer driven operations team that manages, maintains and enhances production, development, and test database systems in a 24x7 mission critical environment.